1. Three books you read recently:
On Blue's Waters - Gene Wolfe
Cromwell - Antonia Fraser
Stupid White Men - Michael Moore
2. Three books you really enjoy:
My Friend Mr Leakey - JBS Haldane
The Book of the New Sun - Gene Wolfe
The Tombs of Atuan - Ursula Le Guin
3. And one you hated:
The Emperor's New Mind - Roger Penrose
4. A character from a work of fiction you really identify with :
Eata, from Gene Wolfe's "The Map" (although he also appears in "The Book Of The
5. Read comic books?
Not significantly often.
6. What other living things are in the room you're in?
Several scientists, many microbes, and a few pot plants.
7. Which chess piece are you? Which colour?
The rook. Stolid and unimaginative. White, probably.
8. Pick a card, any card.
Three of clubs - but you knew I was going to say that, didn't you?
9. Predict : how is it all going to end for you?
Alone, and in great pain.
10. Dogs or cats?
Dogs are more intelligent and social, and therefore more work. Better company, on
11. Any addictions?
12. Pick a god, any god.
I don't pick gods, i pick fights with gods. Except that the smug bastards won't
even reply, let alone rise to the bait.
13. Describe your spirit guide.
Plastic, about eight inches long and rectilinear, it contains two subtly tapered
glass tubes filled with spirit.
14. Describe your true shape.
Blunt at the top, bifurcated at the base.
15. When you become king, who's first up against the wall?
Depends. Do I have to shoot her afterwards?
16. "It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" - Comment.
I used to believe this. I hope to believe it again at some point.
17. What's that warm, fuzzy feeling all about, eh?
18. Are you an angel that fell or an angel that stayed?
I am the uncle of darkness. Hear me snore.
19. Where did all the fairies go?
Presumably to the Dot Cotton Club, at the Junction.
20. If you were an item of clothing, you'd be...
Held together by patches and in constant need of repair.